Monday, March 12, 2012

Yard of the Month? Only in Texas, Y'all!

I don't know why I think this is so funny and ridiculous, but I do! We had the Frazier girls over to play this morning (they're in Houston for spring break), and all of a sudden Brent asked if someone else was joining us. I said no, and he informed me that there was another SUV in our driveway and a woman was coming to the door with a camera. I guess he figured if she drove a big car and carried a camera, I had to know her?!

Anyway, I was immediately irritated with this woman...my first thought was she had some political sign she wanted to stick in my yard...the nerve! Then, I was even more irritated because she started hammering said sign into my grass without asking! I guess I still have my California "bitchy neighbor" attitude, because I was ready for a throwdown. But no sooner had I opened the door and started to say hello, when she literally yelled at me, "WE CHOSE YOU!!!!!! You're the yard of the month!!!!" What is this crazy chick talking about?! She didn't skip a beat. She just kept right on talking in a super severe Southern accent all about how my azaleas were breathtaking and she couldn't believe she was so late in telling me we were the 'chosen' ones.

Well, the only thing that happened faster than her putting the sign into my yard was her taking the sign OUT of my yard when I casually mentioned we were only renting the house. "Oh my heavens, you're just a renter?! You mean you don't own the house?" Apparently, there was some confusion over the attractiveness of my azaleas if I hadn't personally bought, paid for and planted them myself! Of course about this time my much kinder and better half (Brent) appeared at the door. In about 2 seconds flat they were discussing high school, her husband, college at UT (where Brent didn't even go!), their mutual friends, and then what do you know....all of a sudden the sign was back in our yard! We were winners again! Ha!

So without further ado, may I present to you the Briarbend Yard of the Month, March 2012!










2 comments:

The Murphy Family said...

love this! soooo funny! and it is a beautiful yard!

The Frazier Family said...

Ha!! Glad we were there to see the yard and it does deserve the yard of the month!!!