Thursday, September 23, 2010

16 Months Old and 34 Weeks Pregnant!

Conlee is 16 months old today! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying. 16 months doesn't seem like that long, and yet it's almost impossible to remember life before we had her. She is growing so fast and getting smarter and sweeter every day! Here are some facts about our baby girl at 16 months:
  • She is all over the place! She walks, runs, dances, climbs...nothing is too scary or off limits. I have a hundred heart attacks a day watching her scale various pieces of furniture, play ground equipment, etc. She is fearless!
  • She says 'Mama' (usually accompanied by tears and drama), 'Daddy' (always accompanied by squeals of delight!), 'Ali' & 'Mia' (always with a huge smile on her face), 'Nanny', 'Elmo', 'up' and a few other babbles that only Brent and I understand.
  • She understands everything we say. It's amazing! We can ask her to dance and she'll start dancing, go get her milk and she'll return with a sippy cup, ask her for a particular toy and she'll find it, ask her where her baby sister is and she runs to point at my belly...I am just waiting for the sentences to start flowing out of her mouth.
  • She's a pretty good eater and she'll try anything once. She signs 'more' and 'all finished' so it's easy to know what she wants. In hindsight, I should have taught her 'please' and 'thank you', but I didn't really believe she would ever understand sign language. I'll do better with Reece! She especially loves to eat whatever we're eating, even if she's already had a huge meal.
  • She's SO sensitive! (She must take after her daddy!) I think she has a strong feeling for right and wrong, and when we tell her 'no' it breaks her little heart...like she's truly sad to have disappointed us. I've learned that she doesn't respond well to harsh tones, but if you look at her and say, "Conlee, nooooooooo" in a quiet, sincere tone, she falls to the ground and buries her head. It's funny and sad all at the same time!
  • She loves her wagon, cozy coupe car, the park (mainly to climb on the picnic tables!), her popcorn popper push toy, blocks, anything musical, anything Elmo and puzzles. The girl is obsessed with puzzles!
My personal favorite thing about this age is watching her run to Brent. Brent tries to come home for lunch as often as he can...especially now that our new house is so close to his office. Conlee hears his car in the driveway, runs over to the window, sees him and starts shouting, "Daddy! Daddy!". Then she runs to the front door and jumps in his arms. It really is so priceless...then she always looks back at me with a look that says, "Do you see how my daddy is playing with me?!" They truly delight in each other, and it melts my heart every time I see them together! Here's a little video of Brent and Conlee when he came home for lunch today. They are so cute!




Now for the 34 weeks pregnant part. I cannot believe we are so close to meeting Reece! She moves all the time like a maniac. She's much more active than Conlee was, and I love feeling her move. I will be induced at 39 weeks, and that means only 5 more weeks to go! It's hard to believe that there will be a 4th member of our family in just over a month!

1 comment:

The Frazier Family said...

I'm just now watching this and Brent is cracking me up!!!! By the looks of this, he would make a great preschool teacher:)