Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Funday with Pops!

Today Brent, Conlee, Reece and I went with Pops to Roc Roe to see his hunting club. Brent has been a few times, but this was the a first for the girls and me. It is so beautiful out there, and I can already imagine the girls running wild all over this place when they are a little older!

Our little crew on the porch of the clubhouse. The club has a clubhouse for members to stay in when they go hunting. It's nothing fancy, but I can totally see why it would be a hunter's paradise. I personally will never stay there, but Brent is really fired up for opening weekend of duck season! We rode the mule all over the club so Pops could show us the different lakes, deer stands, duck blinds and his land. Reece is a speed junkie! She's obsessed with all things fast. She loved the mule, and even though she skipped both naps today, she was squealing with delight the entire time we were on this thing!

Here we are standing where Pops wants to build his house. It's so pretty and peaceful. I can see why it's one of his favorite places!
As a side-note...I'm pretty sure my girls were the first ever to venture to Roe in matching smocked outfits. The foreman told me that most kids wear their play clothes so they can get muddy...I didn't tell him, but these ARE their play clothes!!! (and aren't they so cute!)

Of course Jack was along for the ride

Reece and Daddy riding shotgun and loving it!

Conlee and I were content in the backseat...

and then she'd had enough and decided it was time to drive us back to the car. Dad put a governor on the mule to keep it under 25mph...it's like he's been thru this before or something?!

No comments: