Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Here Comes Santa Clause!

Ah...my absolute FAVORITE time of year!!! I LOVE Christmas! I love every single thing about this holiday. Of course for the obvious reasons, Jesus and I celebrate our birthday together each year at this time...but I also just love the joyous feeling in the air. I love Santa, I love Christmas trees, I love decorating the house with lights, I love shopping for gifts and wrapping them up, I love garland and wreaths and stockings and mistletoe...I could go on and on and on! I drive Brent crazy each year because literally as soon as the Thanksgiving dishes are cleared, I'm busting out my Spode Christmas china! And, the only thing better than celebrating Christmas, is celebrating Christmas with Brent and my two precious baby girls.

I had been so worried about Conlee seeing Santa this year. Last year, at 6 months, she was completely unfazed. She sat happily on his lap and didn't think a thing about it. This year I was scared because she's such a clingy girl. She's shy and it takes her a while to warm up to anyone who isn't Brent, me or Aunt Ali, basically! But, she did great. I gave Reece to Santa first, and I think that helped Conlee not be scared. I didn't get the great smiling pictures I was hoping for...Conlee looks so serious, Reece is asleep, and Santa looks like he's had a few tranquilizers! But, other than that, I think they turned out great!

Unfortunately for Brent, I made him go with me to take the girls to the mall to see Santa. There was just no way in the world I was going to be capable of loading them both up, getting them there and on Santa's lap, and then taking some pictures. It's just not possible!



We saw Santa for a second time at the LJ Christmas Parade. Mia went first...as you can tell, she wasn't a huge fan!




1 comment:

Jess and Jon said...

Hilarious! I still have to take the girls and like you don't want to do it alone, so we might have to brave the mall on the weekend. Yikes! Love all the posts. Lets try again to get this little posse of ladies together. ; )