Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reece is 4 Months Old!

I cannot believe my sweet baby is already 4 months old! That's 1/3 of a YEAR! How, how, how did this happen? On some levels it's like she's always been here, but in other ways I still have to remind myself I have two little girls. One thing's for sure...nothing around here has been the same since October 31, and we wouldn't have it any other way! Before I had Reece, I couldn't imagine that my heart was big enough to love another baby the way I loved Conlee. I would ask my mom, and she would say, "you just do! You can't imagine it till it's here." That's exactly how it's been with Reece. There were definitely those days in the beginning when I wondered whether I had my 'capable' card...like maybe God forgot who I was when he thought it was a good idea to give me two kiddos! But pretty soon we got in our groove and never looked back. Sweet Reece has rocked our world in the best way, and we are so, so, so VERY thankful for her. What a huge blessing she is in our lives!!!

A few stats on our 4 month old:
Height: 24" (40th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs, 13 oz (96th percentile, HA!)
(as a side note, at 4 months Conlee weighed the same as Reece, but was 2" longer...)

Reece is such a good baby! She sleeps 12 hours at night (7pm - 7am) and takes 3 naps during the day. She's eating 4 bottles at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm, and I've decided to hold off on solid food until 5 months. I figure with our move looming, there's no harm in waiting on one more huge life change. Not to mention, solid foods with a 4 month old is a total pain in the butt...I can stand to wait a few more weeks before adding that headache to my daily routine! Reece can't quite roll over yet, but she's getting close. She's constantly sucking on her fingers and she drools like a maniac. I think I can see the buds of her 1st two bottom teeth, but they haven't broken thru the skin just yet. She's getting pretty good at sitting up, but hasn't mastered it all the way. Her little torso is getting stronger each day, and I think she'll be rolling and sitting in no time. She smiles all the time, but mostly at her daddy. She also laughed for the first time with her daddy while he was feeding her after bath time. It is such a precious sound, and I can't wait until we hear it all the time. She loves Sophie the Giraffe, her exersaucer, her soft, plush giraffe from her Gigi and Paps (which for some reason Brent has yet to name...we'll get right on that!), the bumbo and most of all, Conlee. It's the sweetest thing to watch them together. Conlee runs in to Reece's room to wake her up from each nap. As soon as Conlee climbs up to the crib Reece gets a huge smile on her face. I'm really looking forward to Reece being a bit older and being able to interact with Conlee a bit more. But no one is looking forward to that as much as Conlee!!!

Here's our little chunky monkey wearing some of Conlee's old 12 month pajamas! She's such a big girl!


Still not a huge fan of tummy time, but we're having a bit of a flat head problem. We're fighting hard to not have to wear a helmet. I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really want it to self-correct!


Oh my goodness....she has earned every bit of that 96th percentile in the weight department! Look at those rolls!!!








No comments: