Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All By Myself...Don't Wanna Be All By Myself!

If you’ve seen the opening scene from Bridget Jones’ Diary, then you'll understand the title of this post and you’ve seen what things looked like at my house yesterday morning…minus the massive amounts of vodka and cigarettes (though both would have been welcome!). How is it that a 31 year old can be so terrified of a few hours alone with a 17 month old and a 2 week old?! It doesn’t help that Reece is suffering from a massive bout of thrush and Conlee has just learned how to say, “no! no! no!” Although, I think I could handle just the ‘no’ all day...the problem is she doesn’t know what ‘no’ means. She says it when she means yes, no and maybe, and that makes for a lot of confusion! Well, we survived to live another day, but let’s just say that all three of us cried a lot!

Today was much better, and I’m starting to think I can keep both of these girls after all! I took my first shower while leaving them alone in the house. As I stepped in, I just silently prayed, “dear God, please let them survive the next 15 minutes!” As I stepped out, waiting for the water to drain and things to get quiet enough to decipher any screaming…all I heard was deafening silence. Is Reece still asleep? Is she still alive?! As I peeked around the corner, what do you know…she’s silently sleeping in her swing and the only thing different from how I left her was the addition of every stuffed animal Conlee owns! Whew…things are looking up! J







3 comments:

Pops said...

Baby,
You did great and all I can think of is what Olivia said to Stephen when he needed her to get Whitney while giving Marshall a breathing treatment..."You can do it Daddy!!" You can do it Ashley!!
We miss y'all and can't wait to see everybody again.

Mindy said...

Ashley! Seriously, SO PROUD of you!!! Your girls are SO precious!!! I'm sure you've heard this, but my friend encouraged me with this the other day..."the days are long, but the years are short!" Before you know it, they'll be playing together with their dolls and making up plays for y'all! They are going to be the best little playmates! :) Again, PROUD of you!!

Brittany King said...

YOU CRACK ME UP ASH! I am so proud of you, I would be scared too. Hang in there!!! Life with two gets easier, although mine are spaced a bit further apart than yours. You can do it! Love and miss you!!! xoxo