Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reece is Finally Here!!!


REECE TYLER HODGES

October 31, 2010

1:07 pm / 7 lbs, 5 oz/ 18.5 inches



We are so thrilled to announce the arrival of Reece! We've been waiting for her for what feels like forever, and we couldn't be happier to have her in our arms! Brent and I headed to the hospital on Halloween morning at 7:00am. A short 4.5 hour labor and 3 pushes later, she was here. All are happy and healthy and are quickly adjusting to life at home as a little family of four! God is so good, and we are so thankful for our newest little blessing.



The look of a very happy girl who got a VERY effective epidural!



4.5 hours later, she was here!

Nanny & Pops and Gigi & Paps all came into town on the 30th so they could be here for the big day!






Reece meeting her Aunt Ali for the first time!




All fresh and clean after her 1st bath...


Nanny & Pops showing Conlee her new little sister as she was being bathed in the nursery. Conlee's big smile quickly turned to a BIG frown, complete with massive tears!


She's still unsure here, but she hasn't suffered a complete meltdown...yet!



And, the floodgates have opened...for both little girls! Conlee was less than thrilled that there was another person in my lap. She wouldn't even look at me, let alone sit next to me. I was so sad!


Our precious little pumpkin!




Daddy and baby girl #2!


So much for cute family photos of us leaving the hospital! The girls were all dressed, but there was no way Conlee would pose for a picture. I was hoping that she would be better on day 2...but no such luck. More of the same - massive tears and dirty looks. Surely this attitude won't last!??!


Reece in her going home outfit, complete with bonnet of course! She looks like something straight out of Little House on the Prairie! We opted to nix the bonnet and just wear our bow for the actual trip home!




All ready for her 1st trip to the doctor!


At home on day 1, Conlee's warming up a bit. She still won't look at Reece or acknowledge her presence, but she will press all the buttons on the swing until Reece is flying at full speed. Fortunately, Reece is a good sport and seems unfazed by her sister so far!


We're making definite progress! Conlee with a smile and Reece within arms reach...this may work out afterall!



Love this pic of Brent and Reece. Both exhuasted after a long day of doing a whole lot of nothing!



3 comments:

Jess and Jon said...

CONGRATS you guys!! She is adorable! The pic's of Conlee and the story made me laugh out loud. She will soon love her to bits! Can't wait to meet the new addition. Cheers to not being preggers!!! Can't wait to hear how it is all going...

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

ASHLEY!!! I just laughed until I had actual tears in my eyes (stephen over my shoulder laughing too) over the line about conlee not looking at reece yet, but pressing all the swing buttons until reece goes flying though the air at rapid speed. I totally remember that and for some reason looking at conlees little face and body and picturing sweet reece flying through the air REALLY made me tickled. Ohh...never a dull moment again! :) WAY TO GO ON BRAVING THE ZOO too. You're amazing! Hope all is well! We are LOVING every single picture and are just crazy in love with both your girls! Can't WAIT to play! Miss you!!

The Frazier Family said...

She is just beautiful...I love baby girls!! I'm so excited to see pictures and I cryed at almost all of them, I'm just so happy for y'all. I'm so sad I can't be there to meet her in person but soon enough we'll be able to get our 2nd little girls together:) Give sweet Conlee a hug from us and before you know it those two will be the best of friends!