Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ambitious Outing

After being cooped up in the house for 4 days, we decided it was time for a trip to the zoo. How quickly I forgot all that it entails to get a 6 day old baby out of the house, let alone her 17 month old sister! I don't know if they make diaper bags big enough for all I had to carry! Pacifiers, burp cloths, 2 sizes of diapers, wipes, sippy cups, snack traps, bows, shoes, blankets, lovies, sweaters, camera...you name it, and I could have pulled it out of my bag of tricks! It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get ready, and I'm pretty sure we were at the zoo for less time than that! But, that's a benefit of being a zoo member...you don't feel guilty for short trips because you can go anytime you want to...not that I'll ever want to again! Ha!


The first trip with the girls in the new double BOB. I'm so thankful for a double stroller!


Nanny and Reece!



Reece in her zoo appropriate outfit...naturally!



Reece and I waited outside while Nanny, Brent and Conlee had a ball in the petting zoo.


Conlee loved petting all the goats, rabbits and other animals!






Waiting to board the Balboa Park train with Nanny...



Finishing mommy's ice cream cone and trying super hard not to fall asleep!



1 comment:

Brittany King said...

Ash! She is so beautiful and what a perfect addition to your wonderful family! I haven't called b/c I know it goes but seeing as you are out and about at the zoo on day 6 perhaps I can go ahead! I'm impressed mama! Your posts make me laugh out loud, I hope Conlee is warming up and not trying to kick her sweet sister out of the house via swing, lol! Love you all!!! xoxoxo