Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day at the Lake!

I am once again WAY behind on my blog! But, in my defense, we were traveling almost the entire month of August. Not to mention, since my iMac is broken, I have to dump all my pictures onto the laptop that Brent is using while traveling for his job search. So, the odds of me being somewhere with internet access, a computer holding all my pictures, and no children to 'parent', are slim to none. I've decided rather than wait on the perfect opportunity to catch up, I'm just going to start with now!

We just got to spend Labor Day at the LAKE! That is a sentence I haven't said in quite awhile, and one I wasn't sure I was ever going to get to say again! If you know me, then you knew I grew up with a lakehouse at Narrows outside Texarkana. My parents sold that house (sniff, sniff) about 11 years ago when they moved back to Little Rock. My dad always said he would buy another one, but until now he was all talk! A few months ago, my parents were presented with an offer to buy a house on Lake Hamilton that they just couldn't refuse. We are in LOVE with the Lakehouse, and we couldn't be happier about the weekend we just spent there. The Eoffs came in from Dallas, and we had a big time on the boat, in the pool, feeding ducks, riding the hot dog, and just playing with our cousins. I am so, so, SO thrilled that my girls will get to grow up on the water just like I did. I can't wait for all the memories we will make at this house!!! There are entirely too many pictures to 'label', so here they are in no particular order...



























2 comments:

Cathleen said...

such a beautiful family!!! it looks like you guys had so much fun!! love and miss you guys!! xx

The Murphy Family said...

I am in love with these pictures!!!! Looks like so much fun. So happy y'all are all getting to hang out together. Way to go, Cindy and Sherman! Good choice! Oh, and you look FAB!!!!