Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Conlee is 9 Months Old!

I realize this is a totally random picture, but how cute is she in this coat?! This was a gift from Luke's parents, and it's been too big until now. It's getting cold on our afternoon walks, and since Conlee refuses to wear her warm hat, I made her wear this! 

Anyway, she's 9 months old, and we can't believe it! It's crazy to think that she'll be 1 in 3 short months. Of course I'm already planning her birthday party, so stay tuned. It's sure to be the social event of the year! 

Our 9 month check up got rescheduled since our dr. is sick, so next week I'll post her height / weight stats. Here are a few facts about sweet Conlee at 9 months:

She has 5 teeth and 3 more are going to break through the skin at any minute! 

She is on the MOVE! She crawls everywhere, pulls up on everything, transfers herself between her toys, walks along the edge of the couch and her crib all while holding on for dear life, pushes her little walker toy around the room and is getting better and better at taking steps behind it, she can hold my hands and take 2 - 3 steps toward me before her legs buckle, and last Sunday she stood alone without holding anything for about 7 seconds! Whew...it's exhausting to watch her!

She is a GREAT eater! Basically, her favorites are cheese and carbs (big surprise, right?!), but she loves broccoli, grilled cheese, deli turkey, salmon, rice, meatballs, asparagus, sweet potatoes, tater tots, buttered toast with jelly, yogurt, chicken, avocado, pasta and I'm sure anything else we would put in front of her! She won't open her mouth for baby food, but she still loves the Gerber Yogurt Melts and veggie dip flavored Lil' Crunchies. 

She's a dancing machine! She loves to rock her body (could this be because of all our Justin Timberlake and Beyonce dance parties?!?) and clap her hands. Anytime music comes on, she starts moving. Brent and I laugh really hard when she gets her head into it...she starts moving her neck back and forth, and she'll dance and dance until she falls down...we love it! 

She's a talker! We have conversations back and forth all day. If I imitate the sounds she's making, she'll start laughing and doing it back to me. She also loves to fake cough and thinks it's hilarious when she does it and I come running in from the other room. Yes, I think she's manipulating me already! 

Every day is such a joy with her, and I'm so thankful to be her mommy!!!! We love you, sweet Conlee! 

4 comments:

The Murphy Family said...

Such a sweet girl! We love yout oo, Miss Conlee! BTW--my favorite thing about Conlee right now is her little hehe low laugh! The girl has a SENSE OF HUMOR! Wonder where she gets that???

The Frazier Family said...

Happy 9 months Sweet Conlee!

Brittany King said...

She will be taking it low in no time!!! Love her! Happy 9 months Sweet Conlee!

Pops said...

Sure are looking forward to seeing you next weekend little girl. Oh yea, and your Mom and Dad too.