Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweet Emma Marie

Just a quick note to remember my 1st baby girl, sweet Emma Marie. I fell in love with Emma the second I saw her, and a silly "No Dogs Allowed" clause in my lease wasn't about to stop me from rescuing her. She came to live with Ali, Abby & me on Caminito del Cid in December 2003. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the HOA to realize we were breaking the rules and had a pet...I was devastated at the thought of giving her away. But, I remember talking to my mom on the phone and she said, "you're not giving that baby away to strangers! send her to me!" So, that's how Emma came to reside in Little Rock. For the last 7 years she was a loving and wonderful baby girl dog. Yesterday she went to doggy heaven. I love you, Emma. You were my first baby girl, and I'll miss you!




4 comments:

The Frazier Family said...

Oh, sweet Emma....I had no idea she was sick?? I'm so sorry y'all lost such sweet (and hairy) baby girl.

The Murphy Family said...

Sweet Emma. I am so sad for you and your parents. Y'all are in my prayers.

Jess and Jon said...

Oh my gosh Ash!!! I did not know that story at all and just got all teary eyed! I am in love with my pups still (even though they make it hard sometimes) and can't even imagine. So sorry!!!

Brittany King said...

Oh Ash, I am so sorry. Sweet Emma. I remember when you got her. I'll be thinking about all of you and saying a little prayer. xoxo