Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

...we checked into the hospital to have Conlee! I remember texting Brent from the dr's office and telling him, "we're having a baby today!". His reply was...and I quote: "Holy Shit! What do I do?!?" Probably not exactly blog appropriate language, but it is what he said! I went and picked him up from his office, and we headed to Scripps...18 hours and 2 FAILED epidurals later (not that I'm still bitter), Conlee was here!

Fast-forward to today...Conlee is a walking, not quite talking, little wonder girl. She just took the LAST bottle of her life and went to bed like a little dream. Sweet Conlee we love you so much, and we can't wait to celebrate your 1st year! Tomorrow we'll celebrate with cupcakes and a picnic at the cove. Later this week all our family arrives, and we'll have a birthday party. Birthdays are week-long celebrations around here, so stay tuned for many birthday blog posts to come!!!

1 comment:

Pops said...

What a short wonderful year it has been. It doesn't seem like just one year ago we were getting on a plane for our first meeting with Conlee. It has been a great year and I can't wait for all the rest!