Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gone Fishin'



We had the opportunity to take the girls out to a park and take them 'fishing' for the first time a few weeks ago. It was so fun, and Conlee loved it! A guy in my parents fellowship group at church has a weekly local tv show all about hunting and fishing. They were doing a show on fishing at local parks, so they asked my dad to bring his precious grandgirls out to be filmed. We obviously took lots of pics, but Conlee was also filmed and made her television debut a few weeks ago. She loved watching herself! She made me rewind and replay her segment at least 100 times. Then I had to pause it on a shot of she and her daddy 'catching' the fish. She kept the paused image on the tv most of the morning and just kept looking at herself. It was hilarious! I use the term 'catching' loosely because the fishing rods already had a catfish attached to them before Conlee started reeling it in. I guess TV viewers are as impatient at watching fishing on TV as I am when fishing in real life. No one wants to see an empty hook!







Daddy and Conlee reeling in their big catch!





She was completely unfazed by the fish. She thought it was so cool and wanted to hold it!









No comments: