Monday, June 27, 2011

Granddad's 84th Birthday!

My granddad turned 84 today, and the girls and I, along with my parents, went over to have a yummy birthday dinner with he and Kay tonight. So fun! The girls LOVE Great Granddad and Miss Kay...Conlee has been talking about going over there all day today, and in the car on the way over she kept telling me that, 'granddad will be sad if I don't come!' It was really funny...and of course true, too!

Reece with the Birthday Boy!

Conlee's turn, but of course she won't look at the camera and smile...
Conlee helping G'G'dad tear open his present. She was a natural at the gift opening.

Nanny and Reece with G'dad and his new birthday hat. It's a special SPF 50 hat that holds water to keep him cool on the farm. He loved it!

Reece exhibiting her new standing skills...she'll be walking soon! I swear, once they start sitting up it's like the baby stage is almost over.

The girls with me!

We got a bit of a late start at dinner. Conlee kept telling me she was ready to go home and go to sleep in her big bed. That is until Miss Kay brought out the cake! The girl perked right up and asked G'dad if she could help him blow out the candles...

Of course someone should really talk to this girl and define 'blowing out the candles'. She seemed to think it meant grabbing handfuls of cake and taking bites out of the top. Nanny stepped in at just the right moment before her hair went up in flames...aye!



1 comment:

Cathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.