Monday, June 13, 2011

So Long, San Diego...

So, a main reason why it took me so long to update my blog is because I was absolutely DREADING this post. Even though it happened two months ago, it still makes me so, so sad to re-live these pictures. Below are pictures from Conlee and Reece's last weekends in San Diego. Ali organized get together with a few of my favorite friends and their kiddos to meet us at the park to say good-bye to my girls. It was so bittersweet! After 10 years, we really did have the best friends in San Diego. I love all of these girls, and it was so fun to watch each one of them meet their spouse, get married, and eventually have babies at the same time as me! Now that we are living in Little Rock and I don't have the connections or the friends I had in San Diego, I realize even more how special each of these girls were!




Alicia (with Averly), me, Ali, Erika, Jess (with John and Clare), Jenny and Laura (with Shane!)




Conlee and Mia having their snack at the park just like they did most days for the last two years...



I don't know why, but this picture makes me cry!







Ali saying good-bye to Reece after dinner



Mia and Conlee hugging goodnight



and another hug....



After I left with Reece and headed to Carmel, Brent stayed behind with Conlee for a few more days before meeting us up north. These pictures were of Conlee and Mia's last day together at the beach.






















And, that was about as sad as I anticipated. We miss the Murphys so, so, so much!





No comments: