Friday, December 18, 2009

Mother of the Year Award goes to...

Not ME! So, my sweet SIL posted on her blog the other day that she was not the mother of the year because of a completely unavoidable, not-her-fault run-in that Marshall had with a dresser! Well, Whitney is one of, if not THE, best moms I know...but no fear Whit...I'm way worse than you! I hereby nominate myself for the Worst Mother of the Year Award! 

This morning while I was feeding Conlee breakfast, I somehow managed to spill my ENTIRE cup of hot coffee all over her. I'm not even kidding. I was completely horrified! Thank God it had cooled to the temperature of bath water, and there seems to be no permanent damage. In fact, she didn't even cry until I took the coffee-soaked pjs off her body. I guess she also must have inherited my caffeine addiction...yet another great thing I've done for / to her! 

As I was taking these pictures, it occurred to me that I was doing Child Protective Services's job for them by supplying the evidence they need to build a case against me...oh well! Maybe this will make someone else feel better about something they've done to their baby...it'll be a miracle if she makes it to her 1st birthday! 

3 comments:

Brittany King said...

LOL! Your coffee looks like milk it's so light! You crack me up!

Jess and Jon said...

Oh my goodness.... don't even say that. You are a great mom and stuff like that is going to happen all the time! I nearly severed Pipers finger off trying to cut finger nails.

Stephen, Whitney, Olivia Jane, Marshall Wood, and Stephen Bauer said...

hahahaaa! love it actually! so glad the coffee wasn't scalding hot for both of your sakes, but it is absolutely amazing how fast and easily those things happen, isn't it?!!:) I have a feeling it won't get any better for either one of us with those things either for a while. sigh....
our two have exhuasted guardian angels! :) hope you guys have had the best time in little rock! HATED not seeing you. Conlee gets more precious every single time i see her. miss my sweet neice and her parents!!! sending you all huge christmas/birthday squeezes! love you sooo-ooo!