Friday, December 18, 2009

The Zoo

Conlee and I headed to the zoo on Wednesday with Courtney & Audrey, Jess & Piper and Alicia & Addison. It was  a gorgeous day for the middle of December! We wanted to see the zoo's "Jungle Bells" lights displays and shows, but unfortunately all that fun starts up after our kiddos have gone to bed...maybe next year! Brent and I have been zoo members for the past 4 years, and I just love going there. It'll be so much more fun when Conlee is a little older...we had to sit out of the petting zoo experience, and it's not like she really takes in all the animals...but it's a fun way to spend the afternoon!


Here she is right after waking up from her nap...I love that she'll still sleep in her BOB. I do make it a pretty snuggly little nest in there though!

Conlee's new thing is to tuck her chin into her chest like she's getting shy. It's too cute, and it came out of nowhere. She does it all the time when someone looks at her and calls her name!

All the kiddos lined up in a row...Piper, Addie, Audrey & Conlee. All the other babies are 1 year old...in fact, Wednesday was Addie's 1st birthday! It's amazing the difference just 6 months makes in their little lives right now...that whole walking / not walking is a pretty big deal! 

We love the elephants! 

Ok, I had to put this peacock on here! Courtney & I were getting our food in the restaurant and the guy behind the counter was like, "watch out for the peacock, he likes french fries!" We totally thought he was kidding....until the huge bird walks over to sweet Audrey and literally grabs a fry out of her hand! It scared her half to death, not to mention Courtney & me. Anyway, I started throwing all my onion rings and french fries (yes, I eat healthy at the zoo) across the way so the bird wouldn't come back to the table. Seriously, shouldn't that thing be in a cage?!?!

1 comment:

The Frazier Family said...

I'm so glad you got a picture of that peacock...so funny, well now it is!